Stretch mark is a common problem among women, especially after pregnancy. There are many causes of stretch marks after pregnancy like as hormonal changes, fat loss in the abdomen after delivery, less elastic skin and so on. You see fine lines developing around the areas where fats have accumulated, usually in the stomach, chest, belly bottom and thighs. Now the question is how to get rid of stretch marks after delivery?
Have patience while removing your stretch marks. Remember, you cannot eliminate stretch marks instantly or completely. Lots of cosmetic products like as creams, lotions are available. There are also surgical treatments. But these are expensive and may not give the desired results. Opt for Natural Home Remedies to remove your stretch marks problem. Even though you can eliminate them at one go, you can at least reduce their appearance. It is always advisable to treat stretch marks as early as possible, when you see the first lines after pregnancy. In fact, there are certain remedies which you can try even during pregnancy so that you do not get stretch marks at all.
Home Remedies to Remove Pregnancy Stretch Marks
The basic idea is to moisturize your skin so that it remains well-hydrated. The more you keep your skin soft and supple, the less will be your stretch marks. So, how to go about it?
1. Oil Treatment
- Regular massage of the abdomen area, belly, thighs, and chest with oils will help your skin to become smooth and you can see the desired results of reduced stretch marks. Some of the popular oils to be used for this purpose are as follows:
- Olive Oil: This is popular remedy for pregnancy stretch marks. Take olive oil in your palms and massage it around your stomach and belly bottom regularly so that the lines start disappearing. Take bath immediately after applying oil on stretch marks. This is a time-taking process but gives you the result. You can also mix olive oil with water and vinegar and use it as a night cream. Application of olive oil exfoliates and moisturizes the skin.
- Vitamin E Oil: Mix Vitamin E oil with any of your favorite moisturizer and apply it on the stretch marks on a regular basis.
- Other Oils Treatments: You can use other types of oils like as almond oil, coconut oil, castor oil, avocado oil and vitamin E oil. Apply these oils, mixed together in equal amounts, on your stretch marks. Or you can use just one of them.
- Essential Oil Massage: This is one of the most effective home remedy. In regular oils like coconut oil or almond oil, you can add few drops of essential oils like as Lavender, Rose, Germanium or other aroma oils. This will dilute your regular oil. Massage it over the affected area.
- Castor Oil: Apply castor oil on the affected area. Cover the area with a plastic bag. Now place a hot water bottle on it. Keep it for 30-40 minutes and then wash it off. This helps in treating stretch marks. The heat allows the pores to open up and oil absorption takes place easily.
2. Aloe Vera Gel
- This popular herb is known to diminish stretch marks. Apply aloe vera gel on the stretch marks. You get the gel from the market or you use fresh aloe vera. Squeeze out the gel from a fresh plant and apply it over the affected areas daily. It promotes healing and soothes your skin.
3. Eggs Whites
- A rich source of protein, applying egg whites is considered to be an effective remedy for stretch marks. It is said that the proteins in egg whites rejuvenate your skin. Try applying whites on the stretch marks on a regular basis and see how the marks fade away.
4. Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter
- Just as the oil treatment, you can also go for the butter treatment. Cocoa butter or Shea butter is considered to be a popular remedy for stretch marks. Apply Shea butter or cocoa butter directly on the stretch marks to reduce their appearance. Butter application on the affected area improves the elasticity of the skin and prevents dryness. Wash off after application and repeat the procedure regularly.
- Keep your body well-hydrated. Drink 10-12 glasses of water every day. Keeping your skin hydrated helps to keep your skin free from many problems, including stretch marks. It is also recommended to reduce the intake of coffee, tea or soda as they can cause dehydration.
6. Lemon Juice
- Lemon juice is acidic. It can heal or reduce stretch marks. Rub lemon juice on the stretch marks. Let the juice soak into your skin. Rinse it off with cold water. Do this daily to see the desired results.
7. Potato Juice
- Take a medium size potato and cut it into two-halves. Take one piece and rub it on the stretch marks. See that the juice gets soak into the skin. Then wash it off with water.
8. Sugar Scrub
- Sugar scrub is another remedy for stretch marks. Mix 1 Tbsp of sugar with few drops of lemon juice and a small amount of almond oil. Mix it well. Now apply this mixture on your stretch marks. This scrub exfoliates your dead skin. Do this every day before take your bath. Watch your stretch marks reducing.
Make Your Own Moisturizer
Combine equal parts of wheat germ oil, olive oil and aloe vera. Free from chemicals, this is a daily moisturizing lotion that you can apply on your stretch marks.
Make your Own Stretch Marks Removing Lotion
For this, mix ¼ cup aloe vera gel and ½ cup extra virgin oil. Break open 6 Vitamin E capsules and 3-4 Vitamin A capsules and add the liquid to the oil and gel mixture. Mix all the ingredients and store it in a bottle. This is your natural lotion to remove stretch marks. Keep this bottle in the refrigerator. Apply daily on the stretch marks. Shake the bottle before use.
Make your Own Stretch Marks Removal Cream
Mix ½ cup cocoa butter, 1 Tbsp Vitamin E oil, 2 Tbsp bees wax grated. Yu can also add wheat germ oil and apricot kernel oil. Now heat the mixture. The wax melts. Store and refrigerate the mixture. This is your homemade stretch removal cream. Apply this on the affected area.
Avoid Getting Stretch Marks During Pregnancy
- Now, that we have got to know the natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks, let us try not to get these stretch marks at the first place. For this you have to take care of yourself during pregnancy.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Include vitamin C, vitamin E and proteins in your regular diet. These improve elasticity, increase collagen production, and help in tissue repair and growth.
- Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. You can also consume anti oxidant-rich black, white or green tea.
- Keep the body rejuvenated and blood circulated by walking or doing yoga regularly.
- During pregnancy, massage regularly your whole body with aroma oil before taking bath. This reduces the chances of getting stretch marks after pregnancy.
- Rub Vaseline Intensive Care Cream on stomach during pregnancy.
- Exfoliate the probable affected areas of the skin like your stomach, thighs, chest during pregnancy by regular massage with oils. Moisturizing your skin with natural ingredients helps in enhancing the elasticity of the epidermis.
Regards, Mommy Hannah Damia & Ariq Emir