DO I know how to use a credit card? What a silly question! Of course, I do. You just hand it to the cashier whenever you want to buy something and sign the receipt. Sometimes you don’t even need to sign, just wave and go!
Make the minimum payment and you can get lots of free credit. And don’t worry if you max out your limit. The company will probably raise your limit and you’re likely to get more offers for more cards than you can possibly use.
But read the fine print to see if there are any hidden costs or terms.
- Always remember that a credit card is not the same as free money
- Keep only one or two cards, not eight or nine
- Charge only what you can afford to pay back. Avoid living beyond your means
- Shop around for the best interest rates, annual fees and service fees (preferably none)
- Pay off the debt each month, or at least pay more than the minimum
- Still have problems? Leave the cards at home or simply put them in the freezer!